Is Professional Dog Grooming Important?
Many people see professional dog grooming as purely a cosmetic practice. But dog grooming goes well beyond just improving your dog’s appearance as it has many health benefits. Grooming helps your dog maintain a healthy coat, while regular nail trims reduce the risk of infection. A groomer can even detect early signs of medical conditions before they become a risk to your dog’s health! In this blog, we’ll look at the ways in which professional dog grooming can help your pet and why you should use a professional groomer, rather than trying to do it yourself.
Benefits of Professional Dog Grooming
- Dog groomers understand the importance of safe grooming practices. They will know how to groom your dog without causing harm, while also inspecting for existing injuries such as thorns or cuts.
- You should have your dog’s nails trimmed once a month, but this process can be difficult and risky. Dog groomers understand how to safely trim your dog’s nails to the right length while putting your dog at ease.
- Long-haired dog breeds need regular haircuts to help keep their coat healthy and manageable. Dog groomers know how to trim your dog’s coat so they will look their best.
- Every dog is different, and as such different grooming methods apply depending on the dog. Groomers have the right supplies to give your dog the specific care and attention that they need.
- Groomers have knowledge of a dog’s muscles and can give them a relaxing massage as part of the grooming process. Massage can put your dog at ease and help improve circulation.
- Dog groomers are trained to spot early signs of any problems before they threaten a dog’s health. This includes skin lesions, lumps, rashes and other potential health issues.
- Professional grooming can also help detect any parasites your dog might be carrying. Groomers can check for and remove fleas, mites and other nasty infestations that you may have missed.
- Once they have thoroughly checked and groomed your dog, your dog groomer can pass on important tips to improve their quality of life. This can include diet tips, products to keep their coats shiny, and more!
Why You Should Use a Professional Dog Groomer
Some people might be tempted to skip professional dog grooming services and try grooming their dogs at home. This can be very risky for those not trained in dog grooming practices. The risk of accidentally cutting or harming your dog, resulting in emergency treatment, is simply not worth it. Plus, without proper training it’s easy to miss signs of emerging health problems or parasites. It’s best to use the services of an expert dog groomer who can safely and efficiently groom your dog and keep them healthy.
Grooming at Happi Days
Here at Happi Days we offer a wide range of professional dog grooming services that will get your dog looking and feeling great. We offer services including baths and shampoos, nail trimming, and much more. To find out more about our services for dog grooming in Ipswich or to book an appointment for your pooch, visit us online or contact our friendly staff by phone. Pamper your pooch at Happi Days today!